Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Nintendo Comedy Club
March 28, 2024, 02:46:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Yes, we are officially dead. Please click the links section for other forums.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ideas for the next SSB

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for the next SSB  (Read 1610 times)
Kiroshima
Comedian in training

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 07:31:12 pm »

Lol, ok.  Fine, long as you keep speed reduction, like you said.

Yes, Demon King is 100% crit proof.  They learned their lesson after seeing that video.  Even DracoZombies have some crit armor.

Wouldn't it work with all counter moves?
Except, Ike's counter does x1.2 damage...so...OUCH.  About an extra 6% damage.

I'd do another Tales character, but I'm playing Magic: The Gathering atm.
Report Spam   Logged
TheAPERSON
Nintendo Comedy Club Owner
Administrator
Laughter expert

Smash Brother

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 04:03:55 am »

I've come up with a moveset for Dark Samus.

A attacks would the the same as Samus' but with Phazon Explosions instead of normal ones.

B: Phazon Rapid Fire: Fires rapid fire Phazon. Has knockback.
>B: Split Jump (From MP3) Dark Samus does a somersault and splits into to two, then charges back together. Best used if an enemy is behind you. Dark Samus is invunerable to attacks when she joins back together, but only for 2 seconds (when she stops glowing with Phazon, she's no longer invunerable)
^B: Phazon Flight: Same motion as when Dark Samus leaves the Norion Control Tower after blasting Samus, Rundas, Ghor and Gandrayda with Phazon (in MP3). Used as a recovery move. Is obviously much more limited than in MP3.
VB: Quick Dodge: Dark Samus Circle Strafes round an opponent. This is different to regular dodges as it delivers a meteor smash in the middle of the jump.
FS: Phazon Explosion: Dark Samus becomes airbourne, builds up Phazon energy, then releases it towards everyone. Travels outwards from Dark Samus for a certain distance. On Large levels, like Hyrule Temple and New Pork City, be sure to have all your opponents in range
Report Spam   Logged

Hypnotoad
Global Moderator
Sniggeru Miyamoto

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 06:14:14 am »

Lol, ok.  Fine, long as you keep speed reduction, like you said.

Yes, Demon King is 100% crit proof.  They learned their lesson after seeing that video.  Even DracoZombies have some crit armor.

Wouldn't it work with all counter moves?
Except, Ike's counter does x1.2 damage...so...OUCH.  About an extra 6% damage.

I'd do another Tales character, but I'm playing Magic: The Gathering atm.

There's an MTG game?
Report Spam   Logged

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
Kiroshima
Comedian in training

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 10:53:35 am »

Not like that.  I was playing MTG online against a friend of mine.

Lloyd: The Eternal Swordsman, Comboist, Sword of Swords!  He comes wielding the Material Blades! and, of course, the Eternal Sword.

He has good movement speed due to the Dash Ex Gem Skill, but his jumping is only average.  Lloyd's linking abilities are better than Sheena's, since he is a fighter.  You can link a basic combo to a strong attack, and then finish off with a Special or Smash attack.  You can skip the Strong attack if you want.
A,AA,AAA: This is just like his basic combo in ToS, as if you weren't holding any directions down. 1%,2%, 2%/3%. (Last strike is a double hit)
Strong<>: Fierce Demon Fang (4 Hits, 3% each, knockback on last)
Strong^: Tiger Blade (2 Hits, 5%, 7%, lifts up slightly on first, knockback on last)
Strongv: Sword Rain (5 hits, 2% for first 4, 3% on last.  Horizontal knockback only.)

Smash>: Demonic Circle (2 hits for 4%, flinch, then a final hit for 9% with knockback)
Smash^: Tempest Thrust (Vertical Tempest for 5 hits 1% each, then Sonic Thrust for 8%; Tempest drags enemies downward if hit, Sonic Thrust does knockback, Tempest does flinch)
Smashv: Sonic Sword Rain (6 hits for 1%, juggle flinch, then a Super Sonic Thrust for 8%; Foward only.)

B: Demon Fang; This most basic of moves is useful as it is ranged, and like Pikachu, it travels across the ground, but at a faster rate.  It doesn't bounce either. Moderate damage, low knockback.  Can link into a different special move.
B<>: Beast; Yes, this mighty move makes a comeback.  Lloyd rams his foe with his shoulder, and then blows him away with a spinning strike!  High knockback, high damage.
Bv: Guardian; Like Guardian Seal. Negate damage, and shield can be performed out of it, allowing for a dodge or a counter grab.
B^: Rising Falcon; Lloyd rises up, then plunges at a 45 degree angle towards the ground, dealing heavy damage to those in the way.  Difficult to use for recovery, since you plunge, like Ike's Aether.

FS: Overlimit.  Like Sheena, Lloyd can enter Overlimit.  However, nothing changes except his attacks get an small attack boost and Overlimit last 45 seconds.  What's going on you might wonder.  However, if you are above 100% damage, or have taken 25% damage while in overlimit, OR have used up most of your Overlimit time, you can perform Falcon's Crest simply by hitting B to perform Demon Fang.  When doing so... a circle of light around him hits 8 times, then he jumps into the air and creates more rings on his way down (towards an opponent, usually), which deal more damage (area damage), on the ground he makes another ring for area damage, and then finish with an outburst of light for massive damage (area).  This ends Overlimit immediately.

Eh, what do you think?  Lloyd is the dual wielding hero of ToS.
Report Spam   Logged
Ratiqu
Laughter Novice

Jaffar's apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 05:25:07 pm »

Whenever you say Lloyd I automatically think of the Lloyd from FE7..... This one sounds pretty good though. As does Dark Samus. For DS's Final Smash, however, I think that Corruption should factor in if they survive they initial Phazon blast. Doubled attack rate, but damage builds at roughly 10% per second.

I said I'd like to see that person's reaction because the reversal causes the same damage and launch speed as the dodged attack would cause normally.

I also have a few modifications for Jaffar. First, I realized I forgot that Critical Hit would have 3 hits (either side, finishing). So Critical Hit (B neutral) would be two hits of 9% damage with no knockback but short stun time and one hit of 12% damage with high knockback at no charge. It would be two hits of 20% damage w/ no knockback but short stun and one hit of 35% damage with very high knockback at full charge (5 seconds). You can hold the charge indefinitely, though. Silencer would have two hits of 45% damage and one hit of 60% with insanely high knockback.

I also came up with his taunts. Up taunt - Jaffar does a triple backflip from a dead stop. Down Taunt - a flickering version of Jaffar appears; the real Jaffar kills the illusion with 3 hits (think rogue critical from FE10). Side Taunt - Jaffar tosses up a spinning dagger and catches it while saying "Enjoy your last breath...".

BTW, Draco Zombies can't have that much for crit armor. I can Silence half of them and the rest go down awfully fast.

EDIT: I realized we all forgot 6 attacks! We need the aerials and attacks while dashing.

Aerials:
Ae: Slash. 4% damage, low knockback.
Ae up: Flipkick. 3% damage, medium knockback.
Ae side: Twist in midair while slashing twice, finish with a kick. Three hits of 3% damage, medium knockback.
Ae back: Kick twice while turning 360 degrees. One hit of 2% damage, no knockback, one hit of 3% damage, low knockback.
Ae down: Dive with daggers outstretched. While diving: 3% damage, very low knockback. While landing: 7% damage, medium knockback if hit directly. 4% damage, medium knockback if hit indirectly. Very similar to ZS Samus's Aerial-down.
Dash: Spin while slashing three times, end with a kick. Three hits of 2% damage, no knockback. One hit of 3% damage, medium knockback.

A good combo I've thought of is to do a Down-throw on your opponent, then charge a critical hit (B-neutral) or a dropkick (Down-Smash). You can link a lot of Jaffar's attack, but many of them cause too much knockback to connect with a second attack.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:32:52 pm by Ratiqu » Report Spam   Logged

I'm blonde. What's your excuse?
TheAPERSON
Administrator
Laughter expert

Smash Brother

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 03:17:58 am »

Good idea for a Corruption Factor Ratiqu. I'll add that in as well. The initial attack has quite a bit of knockback but if your on low damage then it won't kill you, but it will corrupt you.

Dark Samus' Taunts

Up Taunt: Circles round and then does some evil laughing while floating a few metres off the ground.
Side Taunt: Uses the Phazon Absorbing action seen in MP2. This is like Luigi's Down Taunt in that it doubles up as an attack if your close enough.
Down Taunt: Goes into a Ball shape for a few seconds, then exits.
Report Spam   Logged

Ratiqu
Laughter Novice

Jaffar's apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 12:57:50 pm »

I'm seriously thinking about getting some online training and making an expansion disc for SSBB.....of course, I'd need to get about 44 more ideas for characters (So far, we've got Jaffar, Lloyd, Sheena, Vaati (who needs a moveset), Amaterasu, and the Monster Hunter), 30 ideas for new stages, and 10 ideas for new items....

By the way, what exactly is a meteor smash? I've seen it mentioned a couple of times, and asked about it once before, but I never got an answer.
Report Spam   Logged

TheAPERSON
Administrator
Laughter expert

Smash Brother

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 04:15:36 pm »

A meteor Smash is a midair smash that launches your opponent directly downwards. The idea is that you use it to knock out recovering foes then get back on the stage. It's a more advanced technique though.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiroshima
Comedian in training

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 10:29:39 pm »

Examples: 
Mario's aerial foward.
Ike's aerial down.
Toon Link's aerial down.
Samus's aerial down.
Donkey Kong's aerial foward and down.
Diddy's aerial down. (Not advised, his recovery move is...difficult to use properly)

They all have very powerful vvvvv knockback.  You jump off an edge, perform MS, and then try to recover to get back on stage.
Report Spam   Logged
NXtreme
Laughter Novice

doo-doo-duh-DA-du-DA! WHEE! *splat*

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 05:04:11 am »

Whats metaknights meteor smash?

and here's a moveset for Vaati. Hyppie can do his own if he wants

a: clicks his fingers and a tiny explosion of dark magic appears.
a combo: multiple dark explosions which slowly circle around him. can be done infinitely but attacking Vaati ends it
a side: swings his fist and a trail of dark magic follows
a down: kicks and dark magic follows
a up: punches a dark magic covered fist upwards

smash attacks

a side: punches dark magic covered fists in front of him
a down: spins round, creating a small whirlwind of dark magic round his feet
a up: dark magic shoots up from his hands  which he raises above him

special moves

b: dark beam. charges up dark magic and shoots it out in front of him as a beam whcih travels a short distance. can be aimed
b side: petrification. shoots out a dark spell a short distance in front of him which petrifies whoever its touches for 2 seconds
b down: dark void. a circle covering every square around him quickly rips apart space in that area and then shrinks. All Characters caught in it are pulled in as it shrinks and damaged. Vaati disappears into the void as it shrinks and you can use the control stick to choose where he reappears along with all the other characters sucked into the small void. This all happens quickly
B up. Vaati ascent. he spins round with his cloak outstretched and rises up. any characters caught in his cloak are carried with him as it spins round.

final smash: eye form

he transfroms into his eye form with the exact same animation as when he transfroms in minish cap (body goes dark, cloak outstretches, eye appears on forehead and then transforms) and then you use the control stick to fly around into fighters and do loads of damage.  it lasts 7 seconds. press a to make a black hand made of dark magic come out of a void in a random place and swipe for the nearest fighter to keep them still
Report Spam   Logged

to prove you are not a n00b, you must answer this question: can you read this?

Click here to level up my card!

Get your own here.
Hypnotoad
Global Moderator
Sniggeru Miyamoto

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 07:02:34 am »

I'd have Vaati wield a sword, kinda like Link - there's reference in MC to him being a spectacular swordsman

I'd also give him a down-special which has those eye things orbit him for a coupla seconds, and his final smash can also use this (but larger)

His up-special can be a teleport, kinda like NX's down-special idea
Report Spam   Logged

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
TheAPERSON
Administrator
Laughter expert

Smash Brother

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 07:52:18 am »

Tabuu:

A: Sword Combo
>A: Leans forward and attacks with energy
VA: Punch
^A: Overhead energy Swipe
Smash>: Thrusts both hands forward
Smash^: Creates a huge ball of energy for a second
SmashV: Creates a void below for one second

Air: Sword Flip
>Air: Energy Swipe
<Air: Dual Kick
VAir: Aerial Void
^Air Overhead Sword Attack

B: Whip: Same as in Brawl
>B: Lasers: Shoots eye lasers that move back and forth for as long as you hold down the B Button. Weakens over time
^B: Teleport: Can be directed with analogue stick
VB: Cage: Transforms into Cage form and rushes forward
FS: Winged Tabuu: Tabuu grows wings, flies to the centre of the screen and releases Off Waves to KO opponents.
Report Spam   Logged

Ratiqu
Laughter Novice

Jaffar's apprentice

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 03:13:43 pm »

Oh, that's what a meteor smash is? I usually call them grounding smashes. And ZS Samus has one; Down-B then A.

I'm always thinking of something to add to Jaffar.... After you win, the character always says or does something, right? Usually they have 2, so Jaffar's are: 1- "They call me the Angel of Death...." and 2- "Hmph..." *while tossing a spinning dagger up and down*.

Also, I have an idea for a stage. It would be Fire Emblem based, specifically on the final stages of FE7 and FE8, small sized, and called Temple of the End (TotE). The backround would be green and black, with really strange looking statues. There would be one main floor across the bottom, a medium sized fall-through platform in the middle, and two small, solid platforms on top, one on either side. Random features of the stage would be for the Fire Dragon (FE7) to come up on one side of the stage and breathe fire briefly, covering the whole bottom platform. Formortiis (FE8) would come up in the middle of the background, right behind the playing field, and envelop the fall-through platform with Demon Light (high damage), Ravager (high knockback), or Nightmare (sleep).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:13:01 pm by Ratiqu » Report Spam   Logged

TheAPERSON
Administrator
Laughter expert

Smash Brother

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 03:46:39 am »

I was going to say can't you make it yourself, but then I read about the Dragon and realised no.

Chibi Robo:

A: Horizontal Plug Combo
>A: Vertical Plug Slash
^A: Overhead Plug Slash
VA: Plug Stab
Smash>: Vertical Plug Combo
Smash^: Overhead Plug Combo
SmashV: Plug Spin

Aerial Moves: All involve swinging his plug in that direction

B: Gun: Gets out a Gun and shoots people
>B: Electricution: Extends his plug out and electrocutes those who are nearby.
^B: Copter Blades: Uses these to fly upwards. The rotation of the blades can damage enemies
VB: Recharge: Now here's the crux of Chibi-Robo. All movement drains Chibi Robo's battery. If he runs out of battery then he'll stop moving. This move recharges the battery so he can continue. Success with Chibi-Robo is knowing when to Recharge.
FS: Giga Robo: Chibi Robo calls upon his predecessor Giga Robo. Giga Robo then flies around shooting everyone. It's kind of like calling on an assist trophy except one that's very powerful.
Report Spam   Logged

NXtreme
Laughter Novice

doo-doo-duh-DA-du-DA! WHEE! *splat*

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 06:04:12 am »

Perhaps Chibi could have a small light somewhere on him that flashes rapidly if his battery's full, then flashes slowly, then just stays on, then gets dimmer until it goes out and then chibi's battery runs out
Report Spam   Logged

to prove you are not a n00b, you must answer this question: can you read this?

Click here to level up my card!

Get your own here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum